Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sweet Sweet boredom

People take boredom for granted, don't they? I used to HATE being bored. Well no longer do I feel that way. Now I embrace it, snuggle with it, make out with it. Just kidding lol. I do, however, enjoy being bored. You know what bored means to me? It means my cleaning is done, my laundry is caught up, there are no dirty dishes, the yard is picked up, the trash is taken out, and the kid(s) is/are asleep. That's what it means to me. Yes, I do love boredom. This gives me a chance to go through my DVR and check out all the recent episodes of everything I have missed. Usually a 6-7 hour marathon of tv watching.


Speaking of which. I sat down a couple days ago and caught up on the last 3 weeks of House. As I did this, Izzy slept. I knitted. Little miss Emma's blanket is coming along nicely. Her initials are now in the blanket. It actually came out quite nice. It's amazing though, if you knit, how something that could look like this: E R C, even on graph paper, can come out looking like this:





Yes. That's what it takes just to make a 4 inch tall set of initials knitted into a STANDARD blanket. I'll not even begin to think if I had decided to get all fancy with some sort of pattern. Something tells me it would have been pattern interruptus to create initials, then it would have been mass chaos as I began to try and figure out the exact columns for the pattern again. My my, it hurts my brain just thinking about it! I do, have pictures of the blanket thus far. It's about 2 or so feet long right now, it's going to be close to 4 feet long when I'm finished. It's actually probably closer to 3 feet, but I'll use man measurements for a moment. Meaning it's about 6 feet long right now :) Here's a couple pictures :



Wonderful said blanket in it's, so far, entirety.





Said "illusion" lettering to include her nifty adorable little initials in the blanket :) I wish Sara had internet so she could take a peek at this precious blanket. It's very warm and soft as well. I've been using it to keep me warm while I knit lol.

No comments: