Monday, March 15, 2010

Ever have the overwhelmed head spinning thing....

While you're actually sitting down? That's how I feel right about now. It's all good. I do this to myself every day. I look at my house and think of all the things that need to be done and while thinking of this as a whole is overwhelming, I know that if I make a list and pick a day to do certain things that it will eventually all get done. However, this IS America, and we DO love instant gratification don't we? Suddenly I want to cast a spell and have a whirlwind come through my house throwing everything back in place and taking all the dirt with it lol. Wouldn't that be GREAT?!

Nothing is more motivating to clean a certain room than, well, bugs. Bugs are great.... outdoors.... and away from me. In my house, there should be NO bugs. But there are. We have the super ladybug population here, so every time the weather gets warm, these little buggers find a way in. I don't know if they eat through the walls or what, but they find a way in. And then they die. Everywhere. Yay for Dyson and it's cyclone technology and telescopic handly that allows me to suck them up from a distance because for some reason, I'm utterly sickened by the sound of dead lady bug carcasses crunching and clacking as they get sucked up. We also now have ants. Not a lot, just a few.... at a time. They like my window over my sink in the kitchen. I do believe they may be living in it. They appear to be carpenter ants, which I'm used to and know how to ward off, but even rainy days don't stop the little buggers. They come out in groups of 3 and 4, explore, and then run back to tell their friends. I've spent the last 3 days wiping down their pathway with vinegar in hopes of confusing them and causing them to just go away. It's not working. I'm seriously thinking of lining all the windows, doors and corners of my house with double sided tape. They might find a way in, but once they walk across the tape.... they are here to stay lol. Or not. I could definately imagine hearing Ebbie or Izzy or both screaming "MOMMY! I'm stuck to the window!" Hmmm, now that I think about it.....

So I'm in spring cleaning mode. Mentally. Physically, notsomuch. I have such a long list of things I want to get done, but my first priority is cleaning and decluttering. First and formost, my kitchen needs rearranging. I'm not feeling my yin and yang getting along too much in there. I'm taking care of that today. I hope. I need to weed through the catastrophe of the living room and get rid of a BUNCH of toys. I really really think my kids have too many toys. I never could have imagined having this many toys as a child. It's ridiculous. Really. I need to organize my office. Everything else is just normal cleaning and can wait since it's all upstairs and who cares what my upstairs looks like anyway? LOL!

In the midst of all this, I have to go on a statewide hunt for strawberry flavored Kool-Aid powder. I've looked in at least 4 stores now and no one carries it. I think there is a strawberry Kool-Aid nazi here. Seriously. No strawberry Kool-Aid vor joo! 2 weeks!

No comments: