Thursday, September 2, 2010

Feeling the crunch

     Well, with all the frugalities aside, I'm also feeling the cleaning crunch.  I get so caught up in fixing everything else that I forget about the normal day to day things.  In the wake of my crafting frenzy, I've neglected my poor home.  And my girls have done nothing to help.  There are toys EVERYWHERE.  And I mean that.  I found a toy behind the toilet this morning.  How in the world did that get there? I've noticed that everything needs a good deep cleaning.  I think I'll start this friday morning (that would be tomorrow for those that are calendar impaired).  So today, my job is to put away the rest of the laundry and begin making a list of everything in detail that needs to be done.  Hopefully, by the end of the weekend, I'll have most, if not all, checked off.

     Another thing that needs to be done: Cleaning out the girls toys.  With Izzy's birthday party Saturday and Christmas just around the corner, I do believe that the girls need to weed out their toys.  I really would love to spend a whole day just sitting and going through their menagerie. Ebbie has a toy box.  It's filled with stuffed animals.  Yes, a toy box of stuffing.  I'm doing some serious thinking about what I can put up in her room to showcase these fluffy friends without causing more clutter.  The only solution I can see is to get her a bigger book shelf.  Books on the bottom, critters on top. And she seriously needs a big girl desk.  We're looking into getting her the nickelodeon dell laptop either for Christmas or her birthday.  She'll need a big girl desk for that.  Then we move on to poor Izzy.  She has such a small room, I would love to dress it up a little and make the most of the little space she has.  As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to make these my projects (can you see me getting in over my head here?).  I think she needs to be rid of some of the "baby" toys, and move on to the big girl toys.  As a matter of fact, there should be hardly ANY toys downstairs now.  She's big enough that if she wants to play, she can go play in her room, right?  I'm not moving too fast with this am I? I would love for my living room to be just that.  And then I could put the girls desks where the toys are.  Along with a crafting station of some sort.  Pardon me as the thoughts flow lol.

      I disappeared for a couple hours and lost my train of thought. Perhaps that's a sign for me to escape the rest of the day. Or perhaps that just means shut up and get back to knitting cause I only have a few weeks left.  Either way, I guess that's the end of my brain function for the day lol.  Well, that is, until it's time to make dinner. Making one of hubby's favs: pork lo mein ala Mo.  :)

    

No comments: