Friday, September 26, 2008

Anyone else freak when they get ants?

So I get up as usual this morning. All is well, I go make my coffee, get Ebbie ready for school and take her in, then I come back home. Not 10 minutes after I get home, though, I realize my kitchen sink and counter is FULL of little brown ants. I thought at first they were red ants and I went haywire. I grabbed my spray and went nuts. After I fully sprayed all tiny little crevices and ensured that all living ones were dead, I then proceeded to clean up the many carcasses. At this point, I realize I have sprayed all the clean dishes in the drainer. Le sigh. So now I must wash them again. I cleaned the counters off, wiped them down with vinegar (for those that don't know, it confuses ants, they follow a scent trail and vinegar depletes that), then scrubbed the sinks and everything that goes on the counter. It's been about 2o minutes since I did all that and I see no signs of critters crawling so I think I deterred them. Usually I have carpenter ants everywhere. The apparently are eating away at our houses here. *Yay* I've been spraying inside and out once a week for the last month and have miraculously seen only a stray one here or there. I will not tolerate a home invasion! You cannot overrun me! I am bigger than you! I am top of the food chain dammit! I will not submit, nor will I surrender! This is just my feelings on it. I don't tolerate spiders in my house either. Mosquito hawks, yes, spiders no. I will allow as many mosquito hawks in here as they please, because should a stray skeeter make it's way in my front door (or window or back door or garage) then I know something will be properly guarding my home :) Now, back to my dish washing.

___________________________________________________________________

So we're looking for a kitten. I found a couple of real cuties on Craigslist. If we hear from them, great, if not, we will continue our search for our new child. My theory is what's meant to be is meant to be. If the bouncing bundle of fur is supposed to be with us, he will be with us. Doug is currently throwing around names though and I find it hilarious. They are names from world of warcraft. He's so funny. Today is probably going to be a pretty blah day. Nothing much in the way of eventful has happened thus far, minus the miniature army that attempted to rush my front line this morning. My flaming arrows put them to rest though :)

No comments: