Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day 1, sewing a princess dress....... no pattern!

Ok, so here goes. Today is my first blog, my first attempt ever and freehand sewing. My first attempt ever at creating a pattern. This should be a blast. I've sewn piddly stuff before, but come on. Honestly, I can't even sew the patches on my poor hubby's navy uniform without sewing the sleeves shut LOL. I don't know what possessed me to think I could actually do this, but hey, I got free fabric, I'm gonna give it a whirl. My 4 year old wants to be a princess (what one doesn't?) but who's to say that all princesses must look the same on halloween? My princess may look like a trailer park princess but dammit, she'll be unique LMAO. Sooo. I'll post the pictures of the pattern/cutouts for the under part of the dress, and pictures for each section afterwards. I will fully document each part of this wonderful experiment to find out if I have what it takes to eyeball and successfully pull off making something (that fits) without a pattern to use. Or if I can even get it sewn together right :)

No comments: